Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Macbeth and King James I


Many people have read Macbeth and most of them think it is a great story, they think Shakespeare is a good writer, but what they do not know is that, Shakespeare wrote this story to please the king at his time. Most parts of the story is related to King James I, who was the King during Shakespeare's time. As a good reader, you must have seen Banquo for a lot of times, but do you know that King James I was one of Banquo's descendants to sit on the thone of Scotland. The castle which Macbeth used to held at the begining of the story is Thane of Glamis, do you know that King James I was once imprison at that castle? The story talks about witchcrafts, that is because the wife of Thane of Glamis is reported as a witch.
Now you see that the whole story of Macbeth is related to King James I, it has been made just to please the king. I do not like this kind of actions, I hope Shakespeare could made a story that is meaningful instead of just to please the king.

No comments: